Conversational and inspirational, Balanced Life is aimed at women who are looking to achieve a sense of balance and well-being in all areas of their life – career, home, family and health. Filled with uplifting stories, practical lifestyle advice and the latest fashion and beauty trends, the magazine is a trusted companion for today’s woman.
Discounted Doctor’s Hotline – 30% off all consultations within our network
Now you can slash your medical bills by up to 30%. As a Balanced Life subscriber, you and your immediate family have access to the Discounted Doctors Line to help you locate a doctor in your area and offer you up to a 30% discount on consultations and procedures (discounts will vary on dentists and optometrists). Call 0860 282 896, quote your TFG (The Foschini Group) account number and an agent will book an appointment for you. Or dial *130*3272*02# and we’ll call you back.
Medical Advice Line
As a Balanced Life subscriber, you have access to the Medical Advice Line where medical professionals will assist you with all your health-related queries. Simply call 0861 337 377 or dial *130*3272*02# and an agent will call you back.
Household Emergency Assistance
When things go wrong with your home and emergency assistance is required, it’s good to know help is on hand with the new Balanced Life Home Assistance service. This service provides 24/7 assistance on home-repair requirements, including electrical, plumbing, glazier and locksmith services. For non-emergencies, such as repairs to household appliances, garden, gate motors and intercoms, simply call us and we will obtain quotes and make arrangements on your behalf.
The Home Emergency Assistance service is here to:
- Prevent damage or further damage to your home
- Make your home secure
- Relieve unreasonable discomfort, risk or di culty to you.This service provides you with 24/7 assistance on home-repair requirements including electrical, plumbing, glazier and locksmiths services. For non-emergencies (e.g. repairs to your household appliances, garden, gate motors and Intercoms) this service will still obtain quotes for you and make arrangements on your behalf for the call-out.Benefit summary:
- Service providers are dispatched in the event of electrical, plumbing, glazier and locksmith emergency problems experienced at the member’s permanent home address
- The service not only covers the call out fee and first hour’s labour of the service provider appointed, but also includes material and additional labour when required up to R1 000 per incident, limited to three incidents per annum, calculated from membership inception date
- Other home services such as appliances, garden services, gate motor problems etc. are managed on a member-to-pay basis, meaning that the case manager will obtain quotes from more than one service provider available and make arrangements in terms of the call-out or appointment on behalf of the member.
- The service is supported by a national accredited panel of specialised service providers whose workmanship is guaranteed.To speak to an advisor or to book a service provider, call the hotline on 0861 337 377.
Balanced Life subscribers can enjoy an exclusive opportunity to unwind beneath the evening sky with an Ancient African Head, Shoulder and Neck Massage using signature oils, a Traditional Full Body Massage with hot stone therapy and a Traditional African Royal Foot Massage before enjoying a delicious dinner accompanied by decadent desserts and complimentary bar service. Quote the promotional code M/SO/TFG/1 to qualify for 10% off the usual price of R899. Book now by calling central reservations on 0860 550 055. Ts&Cs apply.
BALANCED LIFE BENEFITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Medical Advice Line
• The member needs to be a valid member.
• Unlimited incidents
• To make use of the benefit the member needs to have their account number on hand to quote.
Home Emergency Assistance
Electrical repairs include:
- Distribution boards, circuits, main cables
- Earth leakage relays
- Geyser connections, thermostats and elements
- Plug points causing power failures
- General house wiring
- Light fittings or switches causing power failures
- Lightning strikes on wiring
- Burnt connections
- Connections to all electrical motors e.g. electric gate motor
- Municipal connections inside of the propertyPlumbing repairs include:
- Visible burst water connections and pipes
- Municipal connections inside the property
- Blocked drains, toilets, baths and sinks
- Geyser overflow valves (lacto and pressure release)Locksmith repairs include:Keys broken o or lost for the main entrance or exit to a house.Exclusions:Electrical repairs exclude:
- Electric gates and doors
- Jacuzzi, swimming pool or borehole pumps
- Air conditioners and commercial refrigeration
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS and others
- Geyser solar panelsPlumbing repairs exclude:
- Jacuzzis, swimming pools or boreholes
- Leak detection inspection
- Repairs not complying with regulated specifications such as SABS or othersLocksmith repairs exclude:
- Burglary incidents
General Terms and Conditions
- Cases whereby the dedicated contact centre did not assess the merits of the case, nor appointed a service provider on behalf of the member, will not be considered as a valid incident after the fact and the member will not qualify for the free benefit;
- Emergency repairs outside of the domestic dwelling are not included i.e. o ce premises, public buildings or outbuildings not attached to the main building, etc.
- A repair incident is considered per service category, e.g. if an electrician is called out to repair a fault on the distribution board, as well as an electrical connection,this is treated as one call out;
- The benefit period is one calendar year, and the benefit does not accumulate, but isa maximum amount per incident;
- Service guarantees vary and will be stated on the service provider’s invoice.
Discounted Doctors Network
No limits to the number of consultations • The member needs to contact Europ Assistance contact centre to find the nearest doctor in their area. The Europ Assistance call centre will make an appointment on behalf of the member with the doctor and the call centre will provide the member and the doctor with the same unique reference number. • The member has to pay cash for the consultation. • The member must produce positive identification. • Many doctors, particularly in rural areas provide acute medication as part of their service and the preferential pricing will apply to both the consultation and medicine dispensed
No limits to the number of consultations • The member needs to contact Europ Assistance contact centre to find the nearest Dentist in their area. The Europ Assistance call centre will make an appointment on behalf of the member with the Dentist. The call centre will provide the member and the Dentist with the same unique reference number • Dentists charge the contracted reduced fee which may vary from Dentist to Dentist • The member has to pay cash for the consultation upon arrival
No limits to the number of consultations • The member has to pay cash for the consultation upon arrival • Optometrists charge the contracted reduced fee which may vary from optometrist to optometrist • Bookings are made via the Europ Assistance call centre, the best option, i.e. nearest and most affordable solution is sourced for the patient. The call centre will provide the member and the optometrist with the same unique reference number.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BALANCED LIFE MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBERS
1. Your TFG account will be billed monthly for Balanced Life magazine and your magazine will be posted with your next monthly statement; 2. Should you not wish to be billed for Balanced Life when your account has a zero balance, please advise us of this; 3. You may be charged interest on your subscription amount monthly, if the payment plan that you have selected attracts interest; 4. You may cancel your Balanced Life subscription at any time by contacting our customer services centre on 0860 576 576. They can also be contacted for any queries or complaints.; 5. TFG reserves the right to cease publication of Balanced Life at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, we will cease to bill you for Balanced Life; 6. TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in Balanced Life at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the magazine; 7. TFG may change the shape and the size of Balanced Life at any time; 8. The price of Balanced Life will be adjusted annually, and you will be billed the increased amount on your TFG account from the date of the annual increase. We will give you notice of any annual increase before we increase your subscription. 9. You are contracting with Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, with registration number 1988/007302/07 and VAT number 4210187250. 10. Our head office is at 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow–East, Cape Town. 11. Please note that other terms and conditions may apply to your magazine subscription – you will find these set out in the magazine.
TFG TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Group Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”). 2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition. 3. All participants must be resident in South Africa. 4. Should the law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination. Further, TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time. 5. By entering the competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize. 6. Prizes are not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise. 7. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges. 8. Winner/s will be randomly drawn at TFG Head Office in Parow East, Cape Town, within two weeks after closing date from eligible entrants in the presence of an independent Accountant /Auditor /Attorney. Winners will be contacted telephonically. If we cannot contact a winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn. 9. The decision of the competition conductor as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence. 10. To the extent that a license (e.g. driver’s licence) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such licence or permission for inspection by TFG prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions. 11. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters / sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss. 12. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize. 13. The winner’s name and/or photo will be published in the magazine. The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image unless the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s picture must be published. 14. By entering competitions on our Facebook page, you agree that your comments will be posted in the public domain and could be printed in Balanced Life magazine. 15. Cash prize winners will be contacted telephonically to request their banking details or supporting documents, which must be provided to TFG within 14 days after request thereof. If these are not provided within 14 days, or the winners cannot be contacted after two attempts have been made, the winners’ TFG store accounts will be credited with the same value as the cash prize. 16. Valid Balanced Life subscribers will be allowed to win a maximum of two prizes per issue.
Subscribers may only enter each competition once, and multiple entries will be discarded.
Magazine subscription terms and conditions for non-account customers:
You have subscribed to Balanced Life Magazine (“the Magazine”), a publication of Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (“TFG”);
For enquiries regarding your subscription, contact customer services on 0860 576 576;
TFG reserves the right to cease publication of the Magazine at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If your subscription is still running at that point, you will receive a refund for Magazines still due to you.
TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits and competitions offered in the Magazine at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the Magazine;
Magazine benefits are only available to customers who subscribe to the Magazine for a minimum period of six or 12 months and do not apply to customers who purchase single copies of the Magazine;
Customers who subscribe for 6 or 12 month periods will be automatically entered into all “automatic entry competitions”, however, customers who purchase single copies of the magazine will not be entered into these competitions;
All customers must enter “SMS entry competitions” by sending a SMS to be eligible to be in the draw for any prizes;
If you have elected to pay for your subscription via a monthly debit order deduction, and if your debit order fails for any reason whatsoever in any month, you will not be sent a Magazine for that month and you may be charged a financial handling fee;
You must provide us with the correct address where your Magazine must be sent to every month, failing which you will not receive your Magazine, and we will not be liable to re-send your Magazine to any alternative address. Should you change your address, you must advise customer services of this;
TFG may change the shape and the size of the Magazine at any time;
The price of the Magazine will be adjusted at any time during in a calendar year, however, customers who subscribe for six or 12 month periods will not be subject to price increases during the term of their subscription.
These terms and conditions can change from time to time and you will be bound to any updated terms and conditions from the date of publication in the Magazine and on www.tfgclub.co.za/cashsubcribers.
We hereby notify you that if you are a Magazine subscriber it may be necessary for certain third party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provider their services to you. By making use of the benefit(s) you agree to this.
(08 12 2016)