Want to know how to make this delicious mince & mushroom polenta bake? Then look no further!
|For the polenta||For the filling|
|7 cups water||4 tbsp oil|
|½ tsp salt||250 g black mushrooms|
|2 cups polenta||1 onion, grated|
|2 tbsp oil||500 g beef mince|
|400 g tin chopped tomatoes|
|1 bay leaf|
|¾ cup mozzarella, finely grated|
|½ tsp salt|
1. For the polenta, add the water and salt to a saucepan and simmer.
2. While stirring with a wooden spoon, gradually add the polenta to the water.
3. Cook for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally to ensure the polenta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
4. Grease a 15 × 15 cm baking tray with the oil, line with cling film and pour in the creamy polenta, smoothing the top as you go. Cool in the fridge till set.
5. Using a 5 cm smooth-edged round cookie cutter, press out as many polenta rounds as required. Set aside.
6. For the filling, heat half the oil in an ovenproof pot and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
7. Add the rest of the oil, then the onion, and fry until golden.
8. Turn up the heat and add the mince, using a wooden spoon to break it apart. Cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add the tomato and bay leaf. Season to taste and cook for 25 minutes over medium heat.
10. Arrange the polenta rounds on top and sprinkle with mozzarella and salt.
11. Place under the grill for 10 minutes, until golden.