These icing sugar coated doughnuts are hot and crisp on the outside with a yummy caramel centre. What more do you need from a doughnut?
|Flour, to dust|
|500g bread dough|
|Vegetable oil, to deep fry|
|1/2 cup icing sugar|
|250 g caramel|
1. Dust flour on your hands. Pull off small balls of dough and roll into smooth round balls.
2. Place on a lined baking tray and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the oil to a medium heat and fry a batch of 5 doughnuts at a time.
4. Drain on paper towel to crisp up and allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Once cooled, place the doughnuts and icing sugar in a bowl and toss to coat them.
6. Fill a piping bag with caramel and push the tip into the center of each doughnut. Fill until a small dollop peeks out the top of each doughnuts.
Don’t overcrowd the pot when frying the doughnuts, otherwise the oil temperature will reduce and the doughnuts will be soggy.
For more delicious recipes, click here.