Curls add flair to any look, whether day or night. And with the right cleansing method and styling techniques, you too can go all natural.
1. Ensure you’re using the right products to best define your curls without weighing down your hair. A curl-defining shampoo and conditioner do wonders, and helps bring out more of the curls while hydrating your beautiful locks.
2. Instead of using a comb or hair brush, use your fingers to lightly detangle your hair. This way you will keep your natural curls intact, rather than pull them apart.
3. Flip your hair over and blot it dry in sections using an old cotton T-shirt instead of a towel. The T-shirt will perfectly dry your curls while keeping them in place; a towel will only create unwanted frizz.
4. Divide your hair into sections and apply a curl-defining lotion or gel to each section by gently scrunching your hair from the bottom. This will add volume and make it appear more bouncy.
5. Lastly, dry your hair with a diffuser (the spider-looking attachments that come along with your hair dryer). Once again, flip your hair upside down, lift sections of your hair onto the diffuser and gently push up with the diffuser to your roots – this step will really help define your curls even more.
Finish off with a light-hold hairspray and voila!