Club magazine is a monthly The Foschini Group (TFG) magazine that offers readers great lifestyle, fashion and beauty tips, as well as incredible benefits.
1 You have subscribed to a physical / digital magazine (“the magazine”) published or distributed by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (“TFG”).2 Your TFG account will be billed monthly for the magazine until you advise us to cancel your subscription, by contacting our Customer Services department. They can be contacted at 0860 834 834. You may cancel your subscription at any time but will be billed for the magazine until we receive your cancellation request. 3 Should you not wish to be billed for the magazine when your TFG account has a zero balance, please advise us of this by contacting our Customer Services department. 4 TFG reserves the right to cease publication or distribution of the magazine at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, we will no longer bill you for the magazine. 5 TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in the magazine at any time. 6 TFG may change the shape and the size of the magazine at any time. 7 The price of the magazine may be adjusted annually, and you will be billed the increased price from the date that the increase becomes effective. We will give you advance notice of any such increase and the effective date thereof. 8 These terms and conditions can change from time to time and you will be bound to any new terms and conditions from the date of publication thereof in the magazine. 9 We hereby notify you that it may be necessary for certain third-party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provide their services to you. By subscribing to the magazine, you agree to this. 10 TFG staff members who subscribe to the magazine are not eligible for any magazine benefits and competition prizes. 11 You are contracting with Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, Registration number 1988/007302/07, VAT number 4210187250, situated at 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow East, Cape Town. 12 Your access link to the monthly issue of the digital magazine will be sent to you via SMS on the 15th of each month or the closest working day of the month after this, for as long as you are a subscriber to the magazine. 13 TFG cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your SMS access link for your digital magazine due to power outages, interruptions with your mobile service provider or the incorrect cellular number being provided to TFG.
You could walk away with anything from cash to fashion vouchers in our monthly competitions. All you have to do is keep an eye out for:
• the R50 000 Superdraw
• R10 000 in grocery vouchers
• a variety of monthly prizes, including TFG gift cards.
Club magazine subscribers are automatically entered into all the competitions in the magazine, except for the grocery voucher competition. For the grocery voucher competition, Club magazine subscribers must SMS their name, ID number and the keywords ‘Club Grocery’ to 44002 to stand a chance to win.
Benefits terms and conditionsValue Club magazine does not include any insurance benefits.
Death benefit Conditions for Club and Platinum Club subscribers only:
1 Where Club magazine is taken up by TFG account holders on their TFG account, in the event of a Club magazine subscriber’s death, their beneficiaries will receive R2 000 death cover and the outstanding balance on the deceased’s TFG account will be settled up to a maximum of R1 500.
2 Where Club magazine is taken up by RCS account holders on their RCS account, in the event of a Club magazine subscriber’s death, their beneficiaries will receive R2 000 death cover and the outstanding balance on the deceased’s RCS account will be settled up to a maximum of R1 500.
3 Club magazine Platinum is only available to TFG account holders on their TFG account.
4 Where Club magazine Platinum is taken up by TFG account holders on their TFG account, in the event of a Clubmagazine Platinum subscriber’s death, their beneficiaries will receive R10 000 death cover and the outstanding balance on the deceased’s TFG account will be settled up to a maximum of R10 000.
5 If you subscribed to Platinum Club magazine on 1 August 2014 or thereafter: the Death Benefit of R10 000 and the Account Settlement Benefit of R10 000 will automatically reduce to the amounts of R2 000 and R1 500 respectively on the day that you turn 65 years of age. If you subscribed to Club magazine Platinum prior to 1 August 2014: the Death Benefit will remain R10 000 and the Account Settlement Benefit will remain R10 000, regardless of your age.
6 Monthly payments must be up to date.
7 When a claim is made, a certified copy of the death certificate will be required as proof of death.
8 Claims may be made up to four months after death by natural causes, or three months in the event of unnatural death.
9 Where Club magazine or Club magazine Platinum is taken up by a TFG account holder on their TFG account, claimants should approach their closest Foschini Group store and request a claim form.
10 Where Club magazine is taken up by an RCS account holder, claimants should contact the RCS call centre on 0861 729 727 to obtain a claim form.
11 The full terms, conditions and disclosures are contained in the policy and disclosure notice.
HOW DOES MY FAMILY MAKE A CLAIM IN THE EVENT OF MY DEATH?
Claimants (being your beneficiary) must obtain a certified copy of the death certificate. Where Club magazine was taken up by a TFG account holder, the beneficiary must approach their closest Foschini Group store and request a claim form. The details thereon must be fully completed; the store staff will provide any assistance required. In addition, the beneficiary must also supply the following documents: a certified copy of the deceased account holder’s identity document, a certified copy of the beneficiary’s identity document and any other documents or information that TFG requires, including affidavits. In the event of any queries, the Customer Care number is 0860 576 576. Where Club magazine was taken up by an RCS account holder, your beneficiary must notify RCS in writing and supply full details of the event, fill in and send the claim form to RCS by fax to 0861 237 483 or email [email protected], along with the following documentation and proof required: a certified copy of the deceased Club magazine subscriber’s identity document and a certified copy of the beneficiary’s identity document. In the event of any queries, the RCS call centre number is 0861 729 727. These benefits are underwritten by Guardrisk Insurance Company Limited (FSP No 75).
Additional SuperDraw rules for Club and Platinum Club magazine subscribers
1 All participants must be resident in South Africa and be over the age of 18 years.
2 There will be 3 winners, randomly selected each month. The cash prizes are as follows: 1 × R30 000, 1 × R15 000, 1 × R5000.
3 Cash winners will be contacted telephonically for their banking details, and their prize will be paid into their bank account. If we cannot contact a cash winner after two attempts have been made to reach him/her, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be redrawn. A full list of winners is available from the 2nd Floor, Parow Shopping Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow East, Cape Town.
Rules for all Club magazine competitions
1 All Club magazine subscribers will be automatically entered into selected competitions in the magazine.
2 Standard SMS rates will apply for all SMS competitions.
3 Automatic entry winners and SMS winners will be required to provide a valid TFG account card number. Where Club magazine is taken out on your RCS account, a valid RCS account card number will be required.
4 The winner will be randomly selected by means of an automated system for all automatic and SMS competitions.
5 All winners need to be active subscribers of Club magazine in order to qualify, which means your account needs to be up to date.
6 This competition will commence on 13 December 2020 and end on 31 January 2020.
7 The winner will be notified via email/telephone within one month of the closing date.
8 The prize will be sent to the winner via courier services to the winner’s home address or to the nearest Foschini Group store if the winner does not have a physical address. Club Grocery voucher Winner(s) will receive their voucher via an SMS.
9 The winner’s name will be published in the March 2020 issue of Club magazine.
10 All participants must reside in South Africa.
11 By entering the competition, you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
12 Unclaimed prizes are valid for six months only. For any queries regarding competition prizes, send an email to [email protected]
13 Active Club magazine subscribers will only be allowed to win a maximum of two prizes per issue.
14 The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image unless the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s picture must be published.
15 Terms and conditions apply. In order to view or receive the full terms and conditions, send an email to [email protected] or go to tfgclubmagazine.co.za where the full Ts&Cs are online or call us on 021 938 1621.
16 Please note that separate terms and conditions apply to TFG staff subscribers. Go to tfgclubmagazine.co.za for full competition Ts&Cs for TFG staff subscribers.
17 Subscribers may only enter each competition once, and multiple entries will be discarded.Policy & Disclosure Notice for the short-term insurance benefit which forms part of the optional Club product for Namibian policyholders 1. INSURER: This policy is underwritten by Alexander Forbes Insurance Company Namibia Limited, Reg. 2003/374 (“the Insurer”). 2. NAME, CLASS OR TYPE OF POLICY INVOLVED: Short-term insurance: accidental death benefit 3. INTERMEDIARY: Fashion Retailers (Pty) Ltd, Reg. 821 (“Foschini”) or (“TFG”). 4. DEFINITIONS:
a. CLAIM: means, unless the context indicates otherwise, a demand for a policy benefit by a Claimant, irrespective of whether or not the Claimant’s demand is valid, made by submitting a completed claim form with supporting documents to TFG;
b. CLAIM EVENT: means the death of the Insured, caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means, during the currency of the Credit Facility and this policy;
c. CLAIMANT: means a person who makes a Claim in relation to this policy;
d. CREDIT FACILITY: means the TFG store account held in the name of the Insured;
e. CREDIT LIMIT: means the maximum approved amount of credit in terms of the Insured’s TFG Credit Facility
f. EXCLUSIONS: means losses or risks not covered by this policy, and “EXCLUSION” has a corresponding meaning;
g. INSURED (“YOU”): means the TFG consumer named in the Credit Facility and who has chosen to take out a Club magazine subscription, whose death is caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means and to whom the Club insurance benefit relates;
h. NOMINATED BENEFICIARY: means a person nominated by the Insured as the person in respect of whom the Insurer should meet the benefit under this policy, when applicable;
i. REPUDIATE: means any action in relation to a Claim, by which the Insurer rejects or refuses to pay a Claim, or any part of a Claim, for any reason, and includes instances where a Claimant lodges a Claim
i. In respect of a loss event or risk not covered by this policy; and
ii. In respect of a loss event or risk covered by this policy, but the premium or premiums payable in respect of this policy are not paid;
And “REPUDIATION” shall have a corresponding meaning;
j. VARIATION: means any act that results in a change to –
i. the premium;
ii. any term;
iii. any condition;
iv. any policy benefit;
v. any Exclusion; or
vi. the duration of the policy,
and “VARIED” has a corresponding meaning.5. OPERATIVE CLAUSE: Subject to the terms, Exclusions and conditions (whether precedent or otherwise) and in consideration of, and conditional upon, the payment of the amount by or on behalf of the Insured and receipt thereof by or on behalf of the Insurer, the Insurer agrees to compensate the Insured by payment of the benefit in respect of a Claim Event occurring during the period of insurance up to the sums insured, limit of indemnity, compensation and other amounts specified. 6. BENEFIT PAYABLE: DEATH BENEFIT In the event of the death of the Insured, caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means, during the currency of the Credit Facility, the Insurer will pay an amount of N$9 000.00 to the Nominated Beneficiary. 7. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO THE INSURANCE BENEFIT WHICH FORMS PART OF CLUB: 1. The Insurer shall not be liable in the event that the Insured’s death is related to or caused by:
1.1 War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not) or civil war;
1.2 (a) Mutiny, military rising, military or usurped power, martial law or state of siege, or any other event or cause, which determines the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or state of siege military or usurped power; (b) Insurrection, rebellion or revolution;
1.3 Any act (whether on behalf of any organisation, body or person, or group of persons) calculated or directed to overthrow or influence any State or Government, or any provincial, local or tribal authority with force, or by means of fear, terrorism or violence;
1.4 Any attempt to perform any act referred to in clause 1.3 above;
1.5 The act of any lawfully established authority in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any other way dealing with any occurrence referred to in clauses 1.1 to 1.4 above.
1.6 Death caused by natural causes.If the Insurer alleges that by reason of clauses 1.1 to 1.6 of this Exclusion, the death of the Insured is not covered by this policy, the burden of proving the contrary shall rest on the Insured. 2. This policy does not cover
(a) any consequential loss; (b) any legal liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or arising from ionising, radiation or contamination by radio activity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel. For the purpose of this Exclusion only, combustion shall include the self-sustaining process of nuclear fission.3. The indemnity provided by this policy shall not apply to nor include any loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapons material. 4. The Insurer shall not be liable in respect of death arising directly or indirectly from:
(a) the Insured being affected (temporarily or otherwise) by alcohol, drugs or insanity; (b) the Insured committing or attempting to commit suicide or wilful self-injury; (c) war, invasion, riot, civil commotion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, mutiny, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power; (d) any bodily injury or illness / sickness which has its origin prior to the coming into effect of this policy.5. The cover afforded by this policy shall end as provided for under the heading “Club Amount”. 8. CLUB AMOUNT: a) The amount for Club is billed monthly, is payable in advance and cover/ protection endures for a period of one month from the date of billing. b) The amount payable is specified in the Credit Facility statement of account. c) The monthly premium for the death benefit is N$1.27 (including VAT at 15%). The premium is charged once every month and is included in the amount for Club. TFG will pay the premium to the Insurer on the Insured’s behalf every month. TFG will recover the premium which it pays to the Insurer every month from the Insured by debiting an amount equal to the Club amount (which includes the premium paid on the Insured’s behalf) from the Insured’s Credit Facility every month. This debit will show on the Insured’s Credit Facility statement every month. d) The amount for Club is subject to review at any time during a calendar year on notice to the Insured. The increased amount will be charged to the Insured’s credit facility from the date of the increase. e) The terms and conditions for the Credit Facility will apply together with the terms and conditions of this policy as set out in this document. The billing of the amount equal to the Club amount will attract interest when the Insured’s TFG Credit Facility payment plan attracts interest, at the same rate applicable to the TFG Credit Facility’s payment plan, and TFG will keep that interest. f) If you took out Club before 1 August 2014 and have not accepted the terms to be billed where no balance exists: where no premium has been billed, no cover /protection will be in force. If your credit facility has a balance of zero or a credit balance, the premium will not be billed and cover/protection will end. If you took out Club on or after 1 August 2014: the premium will be billed whether the credit facility has a debit balance, a balance of zero or a credit balance and cover /protection will be in force regardless of the balance. 9. CESSATION OF COVER: a) This policy will suspend (the Insured will not have cover for the death benefit and the Insured will not be billed the amount for Club) when:
9.1 The Insured has not paid the monthly amount required by TFG on his/her TFG credit facility for 2 (two) consecutive months. The Insured may contact TFG’s customer services on +27 860 834 834 if he/she would like to know what this amount is. TFG will notify the Insured in writing when he/she has not paid this amount; 9.2 The Insured is under administration as provided for in the Magistrates’ Courts Act 32 of 1944; 9.3 The Insured becomes insolvent as provided for in the Insolvency Act 24 of 1936; 9.4 The Insured reaches his/her Credit Limit.d) As soon as any of the circumstances listed above at 9.1 to 9.4 come to an end or no longer apply, the benefit under this policy will reinstate automatically. e) The circumstances listed above at 9.1 to 9.4 will be assessed every month when the amount for Club is billed to the Credit Facility. f) The benefit under this policy shall end immediately on the cancellation of the policy (see clause 13 below) or on the termination of the Credit Facility. 10. CLAIMS NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE: All Claims under this policy must be made in writing with supporting documentation and be received by TFG within 3 (three) months of the Claim Event. The Claimant/Nominated Beneficiary can approach any TFG store and request a claim form or download a claim form on TFG’s website at www.tfginsurance.co.za. The Claimant can also contact the Insurance Claims Department and request a claim form to be sent to him/her (the contact details are further down in this clause). The Claimant can notify TFG of a claim by clicking on the claims notification tab on TFG’s website at www.tfginsurance.co.za (but the Claimant will still be required to complete, sign and submit a claim form as indicated below). To make a Claim, the Claimant must email the completed and signed claim form with supporting documents listed below to the Insurance Claims Department at [email protected] If the Claimant does not have access to email, he/she can go to the closest TFG store and hand in the fully completed and signed claim form with the documents listed below. TFG will only deal with the Nominated Beneficiary or an authorised representative acting on behalf of the Nominated Beneficiary. The Claimant must take the following documents to the TFG store:
• A certified copy of the Insured’s death certificate; • A certified copy of the Insured’s identity document; • A certified copy of the Nominated Beneficiary’s identity document; and • Any other documents or information that TFG may require, including affidavits as detailed on the claim form.The TFG store staff will email the claim documents to TFG’s Insurance Claims Department. Contact details for the Insurance Claims Department are:
• fax number: +27 21 937 5274 • email: [email protected] • sharecall number: +27 860 000 388Please contact TFG’s Insurance Claims Department for a copy of TFG’s Claims Management Framework. The Insurer shall be entitled to request any doctor or other person who may be in possession of, or hereafter acquires, any information concerning the health of the Insured during the currency of the policy, to disclose such information to the Insurer, and such entitlement shall remain in force after the death of the Insured as well as prior thereto. Where the Insured/Claimant disputes the Insurer’s Repudiation of her/his Claim (which TFG does on behalf of the Insurer), the Insured/Claimant has 90 (ninety) days from the date of receipt of the Repudiation letter to make representations (in writing) to the Insurer in respect of this decision. If the dispute is not resolved at the end of this period then the Insured/Claimant must within a further 6 (six) months institute legal action by way of the service of summons against the Insurer, failing which the Insured/Claimant will forfeit her/his Claim and no liability can arise in terms of such Claim. The Insurer is not liable after 12 (twelve) months have expired from the date of the Claim Event, unless the Claim is the subject of a pending court case between the Insurer and the Insured/Claimant, or subject to arbitration, or is a claim for sums of money for which the Insured may become liable. Notification of all Claims under this policy shall be made to the Insurer by TFG on behalf of the Insured. All Claims under this policy must be made in writing. TFG shall furnish to the Insurer such proof as they have been able to obtain from the Nominated Beneficiary/Claimant relating to such Claim. A Claim will not be payable by the Insurer, if the conditions set out in this clause are not complied with. 11. MISREPRESENTATION: This policy shall be voidable in the event of any relevant misrepresentation, fraud, misdescription or non-disclosure. 12. CONDITION PRECEDENT: The Insured shall not be entitled to the benefit under this policy unless all the conditions hereof have been complied with. 13. CANCELLATION: Club may be cancelled by the Insured at any time, or by TFG or the Insurer by giving one months’ notice to the Insured to her/his last known address. On receipt of such notice of cancellation by the Insurer, TFG shall notify the Insured. 14. VALUE ADDED TAX: All sums insured, amounts and limits reflected in this policy and Foschini Credit Facility statements of account are inclusive of Value – Added tax (VAT). VAT is calculated at 15%. 15. TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY: TFG has created a superior solution – encompassing products, processing and service – tailored to each customers’ requirements. TFG will, at all times, deliver a superior customer experience, simplifying and improving its customers’ lives. TFG will achieve this through a motivated team of skilled people, absolute fairness in its treatment of its customers and partners and complying with the principles and outcomes of Treating Customers Fairly. These are:
• You are confident that your fair treatment is key to our culture • Products and services are designed to meet your needs • We will communicate clearly, appropriately and on time. • TFG is not licensed to give advice. Queries regarding advice must be referred to the Insurer. • TFG’s products and services meet your standards and are of an acceptable level • There are no barriers to access TFG’s services or to lodge any complaints.16. DISCLOSURE DETAILS FOR THE INSURANCE BENEFIT WHICH FORMS PART OF CLUB: The Insurer is: Alexander Forbes Insurance Company Namibia Limited, Reg. 2003/374 Corner of Independence Avenue and Fidel Castro Street, Windhoek, Namibia Tel: +264 61 270 4700 Fax: +264 61 270 4732 Company registration number: 2003/374 Compliance officer: +264 61 293 7086 NAMFISA registration number: 06/PI/ST/15 The Intermediary: Fashion Retailers (Pty) Ltd, Reg. 821 (“TFG”) 24 Orban Street, Klein Windhoek, Namibia P O Box 30, Windhoek, Namibia Tel: +27 860 834 834 Fax +27 21 937 5284 Legal status: Fashion Retailers (Pty) Ltd is a company incorporated in terms of Namibian company legislation and has an agency agreement with Alexander Forbes Insurance Company Namibia Limited. For queries regarding insurance complaints or for a copy of TFG's Complaints Resolution Policy, please contact Customer Services on +27 860 834 834. Commission on Insurance portion: No commission is received. Important – please read carefully As a short-term insurance policyholder, or prospective policyholder, you have the right to the following information: 1. Matters of importance • You must be informed of any material changes to the information relating to the insurer and the intermediary. • If material information was given verbally, it must be confirmed in writing within 30 days. • If any complaint to the intermediary or insurer is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may submit the complaint to the Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority. • The insurer and not the intermediary must give reasons for repudiating your claim. A polygraph or any lie detector test is not obligatory in the event of a claim and the failure thereof may not be the sole reason for repudiating a claim. • The insurer may not cancel your insurance merely by informing your intermediary. There is an obligation to make sure the cancellation notice has been sent to you. • You are entitled to a copy of the policy free of charge. Club is an optional product, which means it is your choice whether or not to take it up. 2. Warning • Do not sign any blank or partially completed application form. • Complete all forms in ink. • Keep all documents handed to you. • Make a note as to what is said to you. • Don’t be pressurised to take up Club; this is an optional and additional product. • You have the right to reject the offer of Club. It is your choice. • Incorrect or non-disclosure by you of relevant facts may influence the insurer on any claims arising from your contract of insurance. 17. PARTICULARS OF REGULATOR WHO IS AVAILABLE TO ADVISE YOU IN THE EVENT OF COMPLAINTS THAT ARE NOT SATISFACTORILY RESOLVED BY THE INTERMEDIARY AND/OR THE INSURER: Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority ("NAMFISA") 154 Independence Avenue, Sanlam Centre, 8th Floor, Windhoek, Namibia P O Box 21250, Windhoek, Namibia Tel: +264 61 290 5000; Fax: +264 61 290 5194 Email: [email protected] 16 11 2020
GENERAL SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
1. You have subscribed to a physical / digital magazine (“the magazine”) published or distributed by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (“TFG”).
2. Your TFG account will be billed monthly for the magazine until you advise us to cancel your subscription, by contacting our Customer Services department. They can be contacted at 0860 834 834. You may cancel your subscription at any time but will be billed for the magazine until we receive your cancellation request.
3. Should you not wish to be billed for the magazine when your TFG account has a zero balance, please advise us of this by contacting our Customer Services department.
4. TFG reserves the right to cease publication or distribution of the magazine at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, we will no longer bill you for the magazine.
5. TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in the magazine at any time.
6. TFG may change the shape and the size of the magazine at any time.
7. The price of the magazine may be adjusted annually, and you will be billed the increased price from the date that the increase becomes effective. We will give you advance notice of any such increase and the effective date thereof.
8. These terms and conditions can change from time to time and you will be bound to any new terms and conditions from the date of publication thereof in the magazine.
9. We hereby notify you that it may be necessary for certain third-party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provide their services to you. By subscribing to the magazine, you agree to this.
10. TFG staff members who subscribe to the magazine are not eligible for any magazine benefits and competition prizes.
11. You are contracting with Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, Registration number 1988/007302/07, VAT number 4210187250, situated at 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow East, Cape Town.
12. Your access link to the monthly issue of the digital magazine will be sent to you via SMS on the 15th of each month or the closest working day of the month after this, for as long as you are a subscriber to the magazine.
13. TFG cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your SMS access link for your digital magazine due to power outages, interruptions with your mobile service provider or the incorrect cellular number being provided to TFG.
14. Additional terms apply –see www.tfgclubmagazine.co.za for details.