Escapes is a monthly magazine that provides pocket-friendly travel and lifestyle content aimed at 25- to 54-year-olds. Informative and well-researched articles on the latest travel trends, affordable local and international destinations and useful info to help readers plan a hassle-free holiday. Plus there are loads of giveaways and benefits.
ESCAPES BENEFITS TERMS & CONDITIONS
In the event of a roadside emergency anywhere within South Africa, Europ Assistance SA can be contacted 24 hours a day to arrange for assistance.
Client Members have access to 2 incidents per benefit calendar year and incidents cannot be accrued or transferred.
Service Provider means any person or company appointed by Europ Assistance SA to render any of the services described in clause 4 below to members who are entitled to the services.
Towing Service means the transportation of a member’s vehicle by means of a tow truck or flatbed truck specifically designed to tow or transport other vehicles.
Roadside Assist means an assistance service provided to beneficiaries through inbound and outbound telephone calls to, and from the contact centre, as well as the dispatch of towing services and other applicable service providers
3. The Service
3.1 Mechanical and electrical breakdown
3.1.1 A towing service is provided to tow the vehicle to the nearest place of repair (dealer) or safekeeping.
3.1.2 An additional tow will be provided in the event of the most appropriate place of repair (dealer) not being open at the time of the incident.
3.1.3 Vehicles will be towed and assisted from or at home, but the member will not qualify for an additional tow from the place of safekeeping.
3.1.4 If the vehicle is involved in an accident/collision and needs to be towed, assistance can be arranged on a member to pay basis.
3.2 Jump-start service
3.2.1 A service provider is dispatched to jump start the vehicle.
3.2.2 The service is limited to reasonable services to mobilise the vehicle, but excludes the cost of parts, components, lubricants and similar provisions.
3.2.3 If the problem cannot be resolved the vehicle will be towed to the nearest place of safekeeping (dealer).
3.2.4 An additional tow will be provided in the event of the most appropriate place of repair (dealer) not being open at the time of the incident.
3.2.5 Assistance is also provided at non-roadside locations. New models that are still under warranty should not be jump-started; a tow truck will be dispatched to tow the stranded vehicle to the most appropriate place of repair (dealer) or safekeeping
3.3 Tyre change service
3.3.1 A service provider is dispatched to change a flat tyre, at both roadside and non-roadside locations.
3.3.2 In the event of the member does not having a spare tyre or the required equipment, the vehicle can be towed on a member to pay basis. Any costs for the repair of the tyre, parts, and wheel balancing or similar charges are excluded.
3.4 Running out of fuel
3.4.1 10 litres of fuel is supplied in the event of the vehicle running out of fuel – maximum 2 incidents per annum.
3.4.2 Fuel assistance at non-roadside locations will be assisted but on a member to pay basis.
3.5 Keys locked in the vehicle
3.5.1 A service provider is dispatched to unlock the car, the cost of the call-out fee and one hour’s labour is covered.
3.5.2 The service excludes parts, components, keys or key cutting costs, lubricants or similar charges. If a key has broken in the ignition/door, a service provider will be dispatched.
3.5.3 If the problem cannot be resolved, the cost of additional services, such as a tow-in, is for the caller’s account.
3.5.4 If locksmiths are unable to unlock newer model cars; the vehicle can be towed to the nearest appropriate place of repair (dealer) or safekeeping or to client’s request on a member to pay basis, on condition that the member settles the account with the service provider at the time of service.
3.5.5 If the vehicle operates with a ‘smart key’, Europ Assistance SA will arrange for it to be towed to the most appropriate dealer, and pay for the costs up to a maximum of R500.
3.5.6 If there is an attempted theft or hijacking of the vehicle and the services of a locksmith, tow or similar are required assistance is provided on a member to pay basis. Should key be lost or stolen (not locked in the vehicle) assistance is provided on a member to pay basis
3.6 Additional Assistance
3.6.1 Should the roadside incident occur more than 100 km from the member’s home, members have access to one of the following, to a maximum of R500:
18.104.22.168 accommodation for one night;
22.214.171.124 arrangement of a taxi service;
126.96.36.199 or rental of a class B vehicle (valid credit card to be produced).
3.6.2 Cost of repatriation (towing or transportation) of the vehicle following repair, covered to a maximum of R500.
4. Terms and Conditions
1. Limited to a vehicle that the main member or their immediate family member(s) are travelling in.
2. In all cases, the membership number and/or ID number of the main member will need to be provided by the caller.
3. Any assistance which Roadside Assist does not cover, but offers on a Subscriber to pay basis is subject to the Subscriber paying costs at the time of service.
4. Roadside Assist excludes assistance in the following incidents:
4.1 Costs incurred as a result of assistance after involvement in an accident, collision, attempted theft, or hi-jacking will be for the Subscriber’s account.
4.2 Subscribers will be made aware that these costs need to be recovered from their insurance company directly.
4.3 The cost of repair of parts, such as new batteries, tyres, locks, keys, etc.
4.4 The cost of towing or repairs if the Service Provider did not request the service.
4.5 Commercial vehicles used for conducting a business or trade.
4.6 Vehicles not registered under the Road Traffic Act or similar legislation applicable in South Africa.
4.7 Vehicles that are un-roadworthy or clearly in a state of neglect. Recovery of a vehicle, i.e. any costs incurred in order to move a disabled vehicle into a position to facilitate a tow.
4.8 Any damages that may be caused by external factors i.e. potholes, road works etc.
Intercape offers Escapes subscribers an exclusive 10% discount on bus travel. Intercape is the leading and largest privately owned intercity passenger transport service in Southern Africa. The millions of passengers carried safely and punctually in this vast subcontinent are testimony to the superior service they deliver day and night.
Terms and Conditions
1. Discount applies to all classes -saver and flexi
2. Discount is only available within the borders of SA
3. Discount cannot be used on top of a standard discount or special (kids and pensioners)
4. This service is an access and information service only, all transactions will be between the member and Intercape
5. The Randgo call centre is only accessible Monday to Friday, 07h00 to 19h00 and Saturday 08h00 to 12h00. The Randgo call centre is closed on Sundays and public holidays
6. This benefit is ONLY available from INTERCAPE offices or via the INTERCAPE call centre
7. The service is only available to members
8. Randgo will verify membership at point of interaction
9. Vouchers will be emailed to members
10. Members need to print the voucher and present it at an Intercape office with a valid ID book, passport or driver’s license OR contact the Intercape call centre on 0861 287 287 (24 hours) to book
11. Members may need to email their voucher to the Intercape contact centre if booking tickets through their contact centre.
12. Members may request 2 vouchers for themselves, to and from the destination. They can also request the same amount of vouchers for their immediate family I.E. spouse and children
13. Peak period and certain times of the year exclusions applies to all Public and School holidays
How to use your discount
1. Call our contact centre on 0861 444 243, open Monday to Friday from 7 am to 7 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm
2. Our consultants will assist you by explaining the redemption process, sourcing quotes for your route, answering any questions you may have and issue you with a discount voucher for your booking via fax or email
3. To qualify for your discount, present your voucher at any Intercape office or call the Intercape call-centre and quote your unique voucher code
Save up to 30% on more than 300,000 hotels, bed & breakfasts, guest houses and apartments nationwide. Whether you choose the elegant first class sophistication of the Courtyard Hotels, the smart alternative which the business class City Lodge Hotels offer, the value-for-money Town Lodges, or the incredibly affordable Road Lodges, you can be assured of enjoying high quality accommodation and a home-away-from-home experience for the duration of your stay. Each of our hotel brands offers the service and comfort levels one would expect in that brand category, carefully selected with guests’ needs and budgets in mind.
1. The member phones the appropriate number
2. The member selects the appropriate prompt and is directed to the Randgo call centre
3. The member is validated by the Randgo consultant
4. The member will request the Accommodation benefit either directly or after an overview from the Randgo consultant
5. The consultant will capture the appropriate details relating to the requirements, explain the redemption procedure, and issue the member with a quote via email or fax within 24 business hours
6. If the member wishes to accept the quote, they will sign the quote and return it to the consultant who will process the order, book accommodation and facilitate payment for the client
7. The consultant will then send the member a confirmation
Terms and conditions
1. This benefit is ONLY available via the Randgo call centre
2. Offer subject to availability
3. Peak surcharges may apply
4. A booking fee of R50 per person will be charged
Europcar offers Escapes readers an affordable and reliable car-hire benefit with great savings.
1. The member phones 0861 333 243
2. Select the appropriate prompt and is directed to the Randgo call centre
3. The member is validated by the Randgo consultant
4. The member will request the Europcar Rental benefit either directly or after an overview from the Randgo consultant
5. The consultant will capture the appropriate details relating to the rental requirements, explain the redemption procedure, and issue the member with a quote via email or fax within 24 business hours
6. If the member wishes to accept the quote, they will sign the quote and return it to the consultant who will process the order, and confirm your car rental
7. The consultant will then send the member a confirmation
Terms and conditions:
1. This benefit is ONLY available from Europcar Rental via the Randgo call centre
2. Offer subject to availability
3. A booking fee of R50 per booking will be charged
4. Europcar Rental terms and conditions apply
5. Europcar Rental requires the member to have a valid driver’s license and, requires the member to be in possession of a valid credit card with available funds
6. Rates includes:
• Includes 200km free per day
• Airport surcharge
• Collision Damage
• Theft Waiver
• Contract Fee
• Tourism Levy
7. Rates exclude:
• Cross Border Fee
• Collection Fees
• No Show Fee
• One Way Drop off Fees
• Additional Driver
• Young Driver Surcharge
• Windscreen and Tyre Waivers
• Fine Handling Fee
• Accident Handling Fee
FLY DOMESTICALLY AT COMPETITIVE PRICES
Escapes magazine, in partnership with Sure Travel, offers you up to 15% discount on Mango flights.
To qualify for this great offer, quote ‘SURE/MANGO2019’ when you email [email protected] or call 021 410 5779.
Terms and conditions:
This offer is subject to availability on dedicated booking classes to Escapes subscribers. Excludes professional fees. Flights cannot be booked using your TFG card. Ts&Cs apply.
FLY RIGHT WITH SURE TRAVEL
Escapes magazine, in partnership with Sure Travel, will have you jet-setting with up to 10% discount on SAA flights.
To qualify for this discount, just email [email protected] and quote ‘SURE/SAA2019’ or call 021 410 5779.
Terms and conditions:
This offer is subject to availability on dedicated booking classes to Escapes subscribers. Excludes professional fees, and flights cannot be booked using your TFG card. Ts&Cs apply.
COME PARK WITH US
Cape Town International only
AIRPORT VALET PARKING. Automotion offers a service that makes flying out of Cape Town International Airport convenient and hassle free. We are conveniently located on the ground floor of Parkade 2, clearly signposted ‘Valet Parking’. Simply drive into Parkade 2, where one of our drivers will show you to our dedicated, reserved bays. Upon your return, your sparkling clean car will be waiting for you. Talk about convenience!
Use booking code ‘Escapes’
SPECIAL OFFER! Planning your getaway is costly enough without having to consider the expense of airport parking. Spoil yourself and Valet Park with Automotion, leaving Friday and returning Monday for only R360.
Quote the word WEEKENDER when making a booking to make use of this special offer.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ESCAPES MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBERS
1. Your TFG account will be billed monthly for Escapes magazine and your magazine will be posted with your next monthly statement;
2. Should you not wish to be billed for the Escapes when your account has a zero balance, please advise us of this;
3. You may be charged interest on your subscription amount monthly, if the payment plan that you have selected attracts interest;
4. You may cancel your Escapes subscription at any time by contacting our customer services centre on 0860 111 395. They can also be contacted for any queries or complaints.;
5. TFG reserves the right to cease publication of Escapes at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, we will cease to bill you for Escapes;
6. TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in Escapes at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the magazine;
7. TFG may change the shape and the size of Escapes at any time;
8. The price of Escapes will be adjusted annually, and you will be billed the increased amount on your TFG account from the date of the annual increase. We will give you notice of any annual increase before we increase your subscription.
9. You are contracting with Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, with registration number 1988/007302/07 and VAT number 4210187250.
10. Our head office is at 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow–East, Cape Town.
11. Please note that other terms and conditions may apply to your magazine subscription – you will find these set out in the magazine.
TFG TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Group Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
3. All participants must be resident in South Africa.
4. Should the law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination. Further, TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
5. By entering the competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
6. Prizes are not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
7. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
8. Winner/s will be randomly drawn at TFG Head Office in Parow East, Cape Town, within two weeks after closing date from eligible entrants in the presence of an independent Accountant /Auditor /Attorney. Winners will be contacted telephonically. If we cannot contact a winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
9. The decision of the competition conductor as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence.
10. To the extent that a license (e.g. driver’s licence) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such licence or permission for inspection by TFG prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
11. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters/sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
12. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
13. The winner’s name and/or photo will be published in the magazine. The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image unless the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s picture must be published.
14. By entering competitions on our Facebook page, you agree that your comments will be posted in the public domain and could be printed in Escapes magazine.
15. Cash prize winners will be contacted telephonically to request their banking details or supporting documents, which must be provided to TFG within 14 days after request thereof. If these are not provided within 14 days, or the winners cannot be contacted after two attempts have been made, the winners’ TFG store accounts will be credited with the same value as the cash prize.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS
1. All competitions (via automatic entry, SMS or post) for Escapes are reserved for TFG (The Foschini Group) account holders who subscribe to Escapes on a monthly basis.
2. All benefits as detailed in Escapes are available only to account holders who subscribe to the magazine on a monthly basis.
3. The general terms and conditions for Escapes magazine subscribers: are applicable only to account holders who subscribe to Escapes.
Magazine subscription terms and conditions for non-account customers:
You have subscribed to Escapes Magazine (“the Magazine”), a publication of Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (“TFG”);
For enquiries regarding your subscription, contact customer services on 021 937 5615;
TFG reserves the right to cease publication of the Magazine at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If your subscription is still running at that point, you will receive a refund for Magazines still due to you.
TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits and competitions offered in the Magazine at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the Magazine;
Magazine benefits are only available to customers who subscribe to the Magazine for a minimum period of six or 12 months and do not apply to customers who purchase single copies of the Magazine;
Customers who subscribe for 6 or 12 month periods will be automatically entered into all “automatic entry competitions”, however, customers who purchase single copies of the magazine will not be entered into these competitions;
All customers must enter “SMS entry competitions” by sending a SMS to be eligible to be in the draw for any prizes;
If you have elected to pay for your subscription via a monthly debit order deduction, and if your debit order fails for any reason whatsoever in any month, you will not be sent a Magazine for that month and you may be charged a financial handling fee;
You must provide us with the correct address where your Magazine must be sent to every month, failing which you will not receive your Magazine, and we will not be liable to re-send your Magazine to any alternative address. Should you change your address, you must advise customer services of this;
TFG may change the shape and the size of the Magazine at any time;
The price of the Magazine will be adjusted at any time during in a calendar year, however, customers who subscribe for six or 12 month periods will not be subject to price increases during the term of their subscription.
These terms and conditions can change from time to time and you will be bound to any updated terms and conditions from the date of publication in the Magazine and on www.tfgclub.co.za/cashsubcribers.
We hereby notify you that if you are a Magazine subscriber it may be necessary for certain third party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provider their services to you. By making use of the benefit(s) you agree to this.
(08 12 2016)