This delicious baked butter chicken curry with pesto is the best!
|For the butter chicken curry|
|6 chicken breasts||400 g tin chopped tomatoes||½ tsp cumin, roasted|
|1 tsp ginger, grated||2 tsp tomato paste||2 tbsp grated ginger|
|1 garlic clove, grated||1 cup cream||½ garlic clove, grated|
|1 tsp salt||1 tsp cumin||½ tsp salt|
|2 tsp tandoori spice||For the coriander pesto||2 green chillies, chopped|
|Juice of ½ lemon||¼ cup coriander||¼ cup yoghurt|
|3 tbsp + 4 tbsp oil||¼ cup mint||To serve|
|6 tbsp butter||½ onion, chopped||12 poppadoms|
|1 onion, chopped||3 tbsp sugar||Handful coriander|
1. For the butter chicken, combine ginger, garlic, salt, tandoori spice, lemon juice and 3 tbsp oil in a bowl. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Melt the butter with 4 tbsp oil. Add to the chicken, add the rest of the ingredients, and pour into a 20 × 30 cm ovenproof dish.
3. Bake for 40 minutes.
4. For the coriander sauce, place the coriander, mint, onion, sugar, cumin, ginger, garlic, salt and chillies in a blender and pulse until smooth. Fold in the yoghurt.
5. For the poppadoms, heat in the microwave until puffed up and crisp.
6. To serve, place the poppadoms around the curry, scatter with coriander, and serve the pesto on the side.