A modern twist combining two family favourites in one amazing dish, this cornflake fish fingers recipe is worth a try!
|For the fish fingers||For the mayonnaise|
|2 cups cornflakes||½ cup mayonnaise|
|Salt and pepper to taste||1 lemon, juiced and zested|
|350 g hake (3 fillets)||¼ cup mint, chopped|
|1 cup flour|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|1 cup vegetable oil, for frying|
For the fish fingers
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Make a crumb mixture by pulsing the cornflakes in a blender with salt and pepper to a fine texture.
3. Cut each fish fillet into 2 cm thick fingers. Dip the cut fish into the flour, then the eggs and then the cornflake crumb.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on a medium to high heat. Shallow fry the fish fingers for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the fish from the oil and finish the cooking process in the oven for 10 minutes. Once the fish is cooked and the coating is crisp, remove from the oven .
For the mayonnaise
1. Mix the mayonnaise, the lemon juice, zest and mint together until well combined.
2. Serve the warm fish fingers with the lemon mint mayonnaise.