This crispy rice recipe is so delicious and will keep in the fridge for up to five days! Follow this easy step-by-step guide on how to make it for your family.
|½ cup vegetable oil||2 cups white rice, cooked|
|1 onion, finely chopped||1 cup yoghurt|
|1 small garlic clove, grated||3 egg yolks|
|1 tsp turmeric||4 radishes|
|½ tsp cardamom|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a round baking tin.
2. Heat ¼ cup oil and fry the onion until golden. Add the garlic, turmeric and cardamom and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Mix the onion mixture into the cooked rice. Then add the yoghurt, egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup oil.
4. Press the rice into the baking tin. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes, until deep golden brown around the edges.
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then use a knife to loosen the rice around the edges. Invert the tin over a large plate and turn out the rice like a cake.
6. Use a vegetable peeler to cut the radishes into super-thin slices, Serve with the crispy rice.
TIP: This dish will keep in the fridge for up to five days. Simply reheat in the oven to make it crispy again.