This delicious curried lentil pie recipe is an easy family friendly veggie dish that is full of the good stuff. The Spinach mash is a posh take on your usual mash and is a great way to include a veggie in your supper.
|500 g potatoes, peeled and quartered||1 tsp tomato paste|
|3 tbsp vegetable oil||5 sage leaves, chopped|
|1 onion, finely chopped||½ cup milk|
|1 garlic clove, crushed||1 tbsp butter|
|500 g mushrooms, sliced||250 g baby spinach|
|2 cups (±1 tin) cooked brown lentils||Handful sage to serve|
|1 cup beef stock||1 tbsp curry powder|
|1 tbsp Marmite|
1. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, until soft.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Heat the oil, and fry the onion and garlic until golden. Add the mushrooms and lentils, and fry for another 3 minutes.
4. Add the beef stock, Marmite, curry powder, tomato paste and sage. Simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Mash the potatoes with the milk and butter until smooth. Then, fold in the spinach and season to taste.
6. To assemble, spoon lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish. Dollop the spinach mash on top and smooth it out to cover the filling.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the mash is golden, then add sage and serve.