Say ‘goodbye’ to boring work meals! These easy office-friendly meals are a must-try!
SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH GREENS
|5 tbsp milk|
|1/4 cup spinach, ripped|
|1/4 cup sugar snap peas. sliced|
|1 lemon, zested and juiced|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
1. Whisk the eggs and milk until combined. Then fold in the spinach.
2. Place in a microwave-safe bowl for 5 minutes, removing from the microwave every 1 minute to mix.
1. Scatter over peas, and dress with lemon zest, juice and olive oil.
1 575 kJ, 22.2 g protein, 30.2 g fat, 4.5 g carbs (4.3 g sugar), 0.2 g fibre, 228.5 mg sodium
RICE NOODLE SALAD WITH ALMOND SAUCE
|For the sauce||For the noodles|
|5cm piece ginger, grated||200 g rice noodles|
|3 tbsp soy sauce|
|1 egg yolk||To serve|
|1/4 cup hot water||4 small cucumbers, thinly sliced at an angle|
|1 tbsp honey||4 radishes, quartered|
|1 lime, zested and juiced||2 rainbow carrots, thinly sliced at an angle|
|1/2 cup almonds with the
skins on, toasted and
salted + extra
|2 spring onions, thinly sliced at an angle|
|1/2 clove garlic||Handful fresh coriander, ripped|
1. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
For the noodles
2. Cook the noodles as per package instructions. Allow to cool.
3. Smear sauce on the bottom of a plate, top with noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and coriander.
Tip: If you want to make this a hot dish, simply microwave the sauce and noodles before tossing with the vegetables.
1 520 kJ, 9.4 g protein, 10.3 g fat, 56.1 g carbs (4.9 g sugar), 5.8 g fibre, 791.5 mg sodium
PEANUT BUTTER MOUSSE
|4 tbsp hot water|
|1/4 cup peanut butter|
|5 tbsp honey|
|1 1/2 cup yoghurt|
|1 Golden Delicious apple, cut into matchsticks|
|1/4 cup peanuts, toasted|
1. Pour the hot water into the peanut butter to loosen.
2. Gradually fold the yoghurt and honey into the peanut butter mixture.
1. Dollop mixture into a bowl and garnish with apple and peanuts.
696.8 kJ, 4.9 g protein, 8.1 g fat, 17.3 g carbs (14.7 g sugar), 1.4 g fibre, 59.2 mg sodium
|4 tbsp low-fat cream cheese|
|1 tsp vanilla essence|
|2 pieces sourdough rye bread, toasted|
|4 black figs|
|1/2 cup sugar-free granola|
|1 orange, zested|
|2 tbsp honey|
For the apple
1. Mix the cream cheese with vanilla and spread onto toast.
2. Place figs on top of toast. Scatter over granola and zest, then drizzle with honey.
1 109 kJ, 7.4 g protein 8.8 g fat, 36.2 g carbs (15.9 g sugar), 5 g fibre, 208.4 mg sodium
Subscribe to Balanced Life for more by clicking here.