We absolutely loved preparing this hake and salad dish!
|For the salad||For the dressing||For the fish|
|150 g baby carrots||4 tbsp honey||4 hake fillets|
|2 tbsp olive oil||1 orange, zested and juiced||2 tbsp olive oil|
|½ purple cabbage||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|4 cups green kale, washed||Lime wedges|
TIP: This hake and salad dish is packed with ingredients that can lower your risk of developing breast cancer. Kale is top of the list. It is a cruciferous vegetable and has the highest levels of vitamins and minerals. Kale also has anti-genotoxic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
For the salad
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Dress the carrots with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 15–20 minutes.
3. Finely chop or grate the cabbage and tear the kale into edible chunks.
4. Quarter the carrots lengthways. Mix the cabbage, kale and carrots together.
For the dressing
1. Blend all the ingredients together and allow the salad to sit in the dressing for 15–20 minutes.
For the fish
1. Drizzle olive oil in a non-stick pan and put on a high heat. Place the hake fillets skin-side down. Apply pressure to keep the fish flat. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, then bake for another 10 minutes.
2. Spoon the salad onto a plate. Place a hake fillet on top, season and serve with a lime wedge.