Serve these lovely pap with chakalaka meatballs at your next family occasion. Making this dish is just as fun to prepare as it is scrumptious!
|¼ cup mealie meal||1 garlic clove, grated|
|1 cup milk||500 g mince|
|1 tsp salt||2 tbsp breadcrumbs|
|¼ cup vegetable oil||1 tbsp mixed herbs|
|½ onion, grated||1 egg|
|2 cups chakalaka, plus extra to serve|
1. In a bowl, mix the mealie meal with ½ cup of the chicken stock.
2. In a pot, bring the remaining chicken stock, milk and salt to a gentle boil.
3. Add the mealie meal mixture. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
4. Heat a little oil and fry the onion and garlic until golden.
5. Allow to cool, then add the mince, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs and egg.
6. Heat the remaining oil. Form mince mixture into balls and fry until golden.
7. Add 2 cups chakalaka. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced.
8. Serve the pap topped with meatballs and extra chakalaka.