We absolutely loved the pickled deviled eggs on rye!
|8 eggs, hardboiled||2 tbsp fennel seeds||To serve|
|For the pickle||1 whole beetroot||Rye crackers|
|3 cups water||For the filling||Fennel|
|1 cup vinegar||2 tbsp cream cheese|
|½ cup sugar||2 tbsp mayonnaise|
|½ cup salt||Salt and pepper|
TIP: Eggs are one of the best sources of choline. Choline is an essential nutrient that is needed for cell structure and function. A few studies link choline to a decreased risk of developing breast cancer in women.
For the cauliflower steaks
1. Boil the eggs in salted water for 12 minutes. Allow to cool and peel.
For the pickle
1. Boil the water with the vinegar, sugar and salt.
2. Remove from the heat, add the fennel seeds and allow to cool.
3. Once at room temperature, add the beetroot and boiled eggs to the pickle. Allow to pickle for at least 2 hours.
For the filling
1. Once the eggs are pink on the outside, remove from pickling liquid.
2. Cut all the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks.
4. Blend the yolks with the cream cheese and mayonnaise, and season. Spoon the mixture back into the eggs.
3. Serve the pickled deviled eggs with rye crackers and top with fennel.