Want to know how to make zesty lemon bars? Then keep reading!
|For the base||For the filling|
|170 g butter, softened||2 eggs|
|1¼ cup icing sugar||1 egg yolk|
|200 g flour||1 cup sugar|
|40 g corn flour||¼ cup flour|
|½ tsp salt||2 lemons, zested and juiced|
For the base
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cream the butter and ¾ cup icing sugar until light and fluffy. Sift in flours and salt, and mix until incorporated.
3. Press into a 20×25 cm lined baking tray. Making sure to press the pastry up the edges so it will contain the lemon filling.
4. Bake the base at for 20 minutes, until golden in colour. Allow to cool completely before filling.
For the filling
1. Lower oven temperature to 160°C.
2. Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and sugar together until combined.
3. Gradually sift in the flour, then add the lemon zest and juice and whisk until smooth.
4. Carefully pour into cooled base and bake for 30 minutes, until filling is set.
5. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to fully cool and set.
6. Dust with remaining icing sugar.
For more delicious recipes, click here.