This rice burger with crispy fried chicken combines all our favourite things, and it is pure burger bliss!
|For the sushi-rice bun||For the crispy fried chicken||To serve|
|1 ½ cup sushi rice, cooked (8 patties)||4 small chicken breasts, whole||Black and white sesame seed, toasted|
|3 tbsp mirin||1 cup flour||1 cup carrots, ribboned|
|1 tbsp white vinegar||½ tsp cayenne pepper|
|½ tsp salt|
|For the cucumber salsa||Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 cucumber, cut into small cubes||1 cup panko crumbs|
|1 tbsp Sriracha|
|½ cup Japanese mayonnaise|
For the sushi rice bun
1. Cook rice according to package instructions, then add mirin and vinegar, and allow to cool slightly before shaping.
2. Mould the rice using a 8 cm round cookie cutter and allow to set in the fridge for 5 minutes.
For the crispy chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Season chicken breasts and rub with olive oil. In another bowl, mix together the flour and seasonings, then dip the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs, and finally in the panko crumbs.
3. Fry chicken for 4 minutes on each side, transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
For the cucumber salsa
1. Mix ingredients together. Set aside.
1. Top rice bun with crispy chicken, followed by cucumber salsa and carrots. Close with another rice bun and sprinkle with sesame seeds.