This smoked snoek spread is super light and tasty and goes perfectly with warm, toasted croissants and fresh bread.
|For the snoek spread||For the croissants|
|400 g smoked snoek (deboned and flaked)||3 croissants|
|½ cup cream cheese (smooth)||2 tbsp butter (melted)|
|¾ cup cream|
|1 lemon, juiced||To serve|
|Salt and pepper to taste||¼ cup chives (chopped)|
For the snoek spread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend to a smooth pâté. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Set the pâté in a jar or ramekin and refrigerate for 15–30 minutes before serving.
For the croissants
1. Break the croissants into bite-sized pieces. Brush each one with melted butter and bake for 8 minutes.
1. Spread the snoek pâté on toasted croissants (or freshly baked bread) and season with the chopped chives.