“Motor” is a magazine aimed at the everyday car and motoring enthusiast. It is packed with reviews and road tests of the latest cars, from hot hatches to budget models, and from concept cars to those dream machines we all fantasise about owning.
Subscribers to “Motor” not only receive a magazine packed with information and helpful motoring hints, but they also get these amazing benefits:
- Discounts on new and second hand passenger vehicles from Imperial
- Discounts on vehicle servicing and parts from Auto Care workshops
- Discounts on car batteries from Auto Care workshops
- Discounts on car tyres from Tyres and More
- Discounts on vehicle tracking from Altech Netstar
PLUS: Because we are all on the road a lot, we have a great roadside assistance benefit which includes 10 litres of petrol, breakdown assistance, tyre change, a 24-hour help line, and much more!
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any assistance which Roadside Assist does not cover, but offers on a member-to-pay basis is subject to the member paying costs at the time of service.
Roadside assist excludes assistance in the following incidents:
Costs incurred as a result of assistance after involvement in an accident, collision, attempted theft, or hi-jacking will be for the caller’s account. Members will be made aware that these costs need to be recovered from their insurance company directly.
The cost of repair of parts, such as new batteries, tyres, locks, keys, etc.
The cost of towing or repairs if Europ Assistance SA did not request the service.
Commercial vehicles used for conducting a business or trade.
Vehicles not registered under the Road Traffic Act or similar legislation applicable in South Africa.
Vehicles that are un-roadworthy or clearly in a state of neglect.
Recovery of a vehicle, i.e. any costs incurred in order to move a disabled vehicle into a position to facilitate a tow.
Any damages that may be caused by external factors i.e. potholes, roadworks etc.
TFG MAGAZINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1 You have subscribed to Motor magazine (hereafter referred to as ‘the magazine’), a publication of The Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (hereafter referred to as ‘TFG’).
2 Your TFG account will be billed monthly for the magazine.
3 Should you not wish to be billed for the magazine when your account has a zero balance, please advise TFG of this.
4 You may be charged interest on your subscription amount monthly if the payment plan that you have selected attracts interest.
5 You may cancel your magazine subscription at any time by contacting our customer services centre on 0860 576 576.
6 TFG reserves the right to cease publication of the magazine at any time at the sole and absolute discretion of TFG. In such an event, TFG will cease to bill you for the magazine.
7 TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in the magazine at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the magazine.
8 TFG reserves the right to change the shape or size of the magazine at any time.
9 TFG reserves the right to adjust the price of the magazine at any time during a calendar year and you will be billed the increased amount on your TFG account from the date of the increase. TFG will notify you in the event of any increase before your subscription is billed.
10 Terms and conditions appearing in the magazine may be changed at any time and subscribers will be bound to any new terms and conditions from the date of publication.
11 We hereby notify you that it may be necessary for certain third-party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provide their services to you. By making use of the benefit, you agree to this.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MOTOR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBERS
1. Your TFG account will be billed monthly for Motor magazine and your magazine will be posted with your next monthly statement;
2. Should you not wish to be billed for Motor when your account has a zero balance, please advise us of this;
3. You may be charged interest on your subscription amount monthly, if the payment plan that you have selected attracts interest;
4. You may cancel your Motor subscription at any time by contacting our customer services centre on 0860 576 576. They can also be contacted for any queries or complaints.;
5. TFG reserves the right to cease publication of Motor at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. In such an event, we will cease to bill you for Motor;
6. TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits offered in Motor at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the magazine;
7. TFG may change the shape and the size of Motor at any time;
8. The price of Motor will be adjusted annually, and you will be billed the increased amount on your TFG account from the date of the annual increase. We will give you notice of any annual increase before we increase your subscription.
9. You are contracting with Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, with registration number 1988/007302/07 and VAT number 4210187250.
0. Our head office is at 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow–East, Cape Town.
11. Please note that other terms and conditions may apply to your magazine subscription – you will find these set out in the magazine.
TFG TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIONS
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Group Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) a subsidiary of The Foschini Group Limited (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
3. All participants must be resident in South Africa.
4. Should the law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against TFG, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination. Further, TFG reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that TFG deems is reasonable at the time.
5. By entering the competition you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
6. Prizes are not transferable, may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash or otherwise.
7. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
8. Winner/s will be randomly drawn at TFG Head Office in Parow East, Cape Town, within two weeks after closing date from eligible entrants in the presence of an independent Accountant /Auditor /Attorney. Winners will be contacted telephonically. If we cannot contact a winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
9. The decision of the competition conductor as to the winners is final and there will be no correspondence.
10. To the extent that a license (e.g. driver’s licence) or permission (e.g. by a parent/guardian) is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such licence or permission for inspection by TFG prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn under the same terms and conditions.
11. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, you hereby indemnify TFG, its directors, agents, employees and the promoters / sponsors against any damages of any nature whatsoever that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
12. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winner will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
13. The winner’s name and/or photo will be published in the magazine. The winner will be given the opportunity to agree or not to agree to the publication of their image unless the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s picture must be published.
14. By entering competitions on our Facebook page, you agree that your comments will be posted in the public domain and could be printed in Motor magazine.
15. Cash prize winners will be contacted telephonically to request their banking details or supporting documents, which must be provided to TFG within 14 days after request thereof. If these are not provided within 14 days, or the winners cannot be contacted after two attempts have been made, the winners’ TFG store accounts will be credited with the same value as the cash prize.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NON-SUBSCRIBERS
1 All competitions (via automatic entry, SMS or post) for this magazine are reserved for TFG account holders who subscribe to the magazine
on a monthly basis.
2 All benefits as detailed in this magazine are available only to account holders who subscribe to the magazine on a monthly basis.
3 The other terms and conditions in this magazine are applicable only to account holders who subscribe to the magazine on a monthly basis.
The basic terms and conditions for all competitions appearing in Motor magazine:
1 All Motor magazine subscribers will be automatically entered into selected competitions in the magazine.
2 Standard SMS rates apply for all SMS competitions.
3 Automatic entry winners and SMS winners will be required to provide a valid TFG (The Foschini Group) account card number.
4 Winners will be randomly selected by means of an automated system for all automatic and SMS competitions.
5 All winners need to be active subscribers of Motor magazine in order to qualify, which means your account needs to be up to date.
6 This competition will commence on 13 January 2020 and end on 29 February 2020.
7 Winners will be notified via email/telephone within one month of the closing date.
8 Prizes will be sent to winners via RAM courier service to winners’ home addresses or to the nearest TFG (The Foschini Group) store if a winner does not have a physical address.
9 Winners’ names will be published in the May 2020 issue of Motor magazine.
10 All participants must reside in South Africa.
11 By entering the competitions in Motor magazine, you agree and understand that you may win a prize and that there is no guarantee that you will win a prize.
12 Unclaimed prizes are only valid for six months. For any queries regarding competition prizes, email [email protected]
13 Valid Motor magazine subscribers will only be allowed to win a maximum of two prizes per issue.
14 Subscribers may only enter each competition once, and multiple entries will be discarded.
15 All competitions (via automatic entry, post or sending a SMS to 44002) and benefits in Motor magazine are reserved for TFG (The Foschini Group) account holders who subscribe to the magazine on a monthly basis.
16 All other terms and conditions in Motor magazine are applicable only to account holders who subscribe to the magazine on a monthly basis.
17 Terms and conditions apply. In order to view or receive the full terms and conditions, call 0860 117 530.
Magazine subscription terms and conditions for non-account customers:
1 You have subscribed to Motor magazine (“the Magazine”), a publication of Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (“TFG”);
2 For enquiries regarding your subscription, contact customer services on 0860 576 576;
3 TFG reserves the right to cease publication of the Magazine at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If your subscription is still running at that point, you will receive a refund for Magazines still due to you;
4 TFG reserves the right to change or cease the benefits and competitions offered in the Magazine at any time, and to change the level of service offered to subscribers of the Magazine;
5 Magazine benefits are only available to customers who subscribe to the Magazine for a minimum period of six or 12 months and do not apply to customers who purchase single copies of the Magazine;
6 Customers who subscribe for 6 or 12 month periods will be automatically entered into all “automatic entry competitions”, however, customers who purchase single copies of the magazine will not be entered into these competitions;
7 All customers must enter “SMS entry competitions” by sending a SMS to 44002 to be eligible to be in the draw for any prizes;
8 If you have elected to pay for your subscription via a monthly debit order deduction, and if your debit order fails for any reason whatsoever in any month, you will not be sent a Magazine for that month and you may be charged a financial handling fee;
9 You must provide us with the correct address where your Magazine must be sent to every month, failing which you will not receive your Magazine, and we will not be liable to re-send your Magazine to any alternative address. Should you change your address, you must advise customer services of this;
10 TFG may change the shape and the size of the Magazine at any time;
11 The price of the Magazine will be adjusted at any time during in a calendar year, however, customers who subscribe for six or 12 month periods will not be subject to price increases during the term of their subscription;
12 These terms and conditions can change from time to time and you will be bound to any updated terms and conditions from the date of publication in the Magazine and on www.tfgclub.co.za/cash subscribers;
13 We hereby notify you that if you are a Magazine subscriber it may be necessary for certain third-party benefit providers to process your personal information to enable them to provider their services to you. By making use of the benefit(s) you agree to this.