Does your make-up fade throughout the day? Are your eyeshadow masterpieces completely crumbling by lunch? If so, then there’s a simple solution to these annoyances: Primer!
If you’ve been following the advice of someone who believes that primer is only useful for getting that ‘summer glow’, then you’ve been mislead. Primer is a cream or liquid that acts as a foundation and eyeshadow magnet. Applying an even layer of this product, all over a beautifully moisturised face, ensures the longevity of your makeup throughout the day – even in winter!
We’ve put together five simple tips to live by when it comes to adding primer to your makeup regime.
1. When selecting a primer it is important to take your skin type into consideration. Choose a product that caters to your unique facial needs. If you have an oily T-zone then you should opt for a product that does not have a oily consistency. If you have sensitive skin then try to find a primer that is not scented and does not contain parabens.
2. Before applying primer to your face, make sure to moisturise your skin. This ensures that your skin is illuminated, well-prepared for the foundation layer and that your makeup won’t look ‘cakey’.
3. If you have skin that is dull, opt for a tinted formula, such as a light pink primer, which will add a bit of a glow to your skin. Lilac primers are helpful too and green primers will take away any redness in the face.
4. Use an eyeshadow primer before applying your eye makeup. This will make sure that your shadow doesn’t crease and crumble, and that you don’t lose any pigment throughout the day.
5. If you happen to have sensitive eyes that tend to burn when applying eye makeup, opt for a hydrating under-eye primer. This will offer some relief and keep your concealer smooth and in place.
To shop for all your priming needs, go to your nearest Foschini store, or shop online at the following link: http://bit.ly/2rnebTa